Can molds cause me to be ill?

Molds commonly release spores into the air that can cause allergic reactions. For some people, a relatively small number of spores can cause illness. However, for other people, a larger number of spores must be present to cause illness. The common symptoms can include wheezing, burning eyes, dry cough, nose and eye irritation, sore throat, or skin rashes.

Show All Answers

1. What are molds?
2. Can molds cause me to be ill?
3. Are some molds toxic?
4. What is the toxic mold described on TV?
5. How do I know if the S. atra mold is in my house?
6. What are the common molds found in homes?
7. How can mold become a problem in my building?
8. What are the common areas for the S. atra mold to grow in buildings?
9. Should I have my mold tested?
10. How do I clean up molds?
11. Can I become ill from cleaning up mold?
12. How do I choose a mold remediation specialist?
13. How do I prevent mold?
14. Can the heating and air conditioning ductwork become contaminated?
15. Where can I get more information?